Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Bring Home Infant Ollie

Don't ask why I was thinking about this, but I was....

We started this blog when Oliver was 2, maybe 3 weeks old and I never wrote a labor/birth/going home story. Now I won't bore you with the labor and delivery story (though I do need to write it down here because my Myspace is no longer relevant and that is where it is located) but I did want to recap our first night home as new parents.

Short and sweet:

It began snowing as we were getting into the car about to leave the hospital. I gave birth in Bellevue and we lived in Burien...quite the drive in a blizzard with a completely new baby, in the dark mind you, because I was discharged at 7 pm!! (Ugh, I was too scared to have any confidence in my decisions when I had Oliver. With Scarlett I was far more open with what I wanted and how I wanted it!)

We managed to take our exit, yeah the Des Moines Memorial Drive one with all the black ice. As we were turning off of the exit we slid into the curb and I had a massive panic attack. I had never had a baby nor did I believe they were very sturdy...boy was I wrong. These suckers are hard to destroy! Haha.

After finally getting situated at home with our amazing new bundle of colicky joy, the power went out that night. Yup, I already had no idea what I was doing, and having to do it in the dark was even worse.

Now I laugh about it every time I think back. Especially after having another baby and being far more schooled in parenting and newborns. We were so lost and confused with so much against us...but we made it. Now my little Bubba is my massive 2 year old Oliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment