Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

1st Day of Soccer

 Sunday marked not only the 1st day of Spring, but Oliver's first soccer practice! He had a lot of fun but in normal Oliver fashion.

As with everything he was very shy and observational at first. I think its inevitable that he'll be shy. George says he was a very shy kid and I was too...not anymore, but there was definitely a time when I was. He also needs to be comfortable with a new location and new people before he can properly be himself.

He thrives at daycare because he's famliar with his surroundings...so I'm guessing another 2-3 sessions
he'll feel right at home.

His shyness won't stop me from getting him involved with lots of activities. Once he gets older and wants me to back off I will...but for now I want him to experience as much as he can to build his confidence instead of keeping him hidden away.

Dzia Dzia came to watch Ollie since he is the reason for the soccer craze in my family. Of course Oliver saw him and wanted only Dzia Dzia to help him (it is parent participation).

After about 10-15 minutes Oliver was running around with the best of them! But OF COURSE his favorite time of the whole practice was clean up! Only my kid...But hey, he's meticulous and extremely OCD. If he's not a math major and doesn't go to MIT, I'll be shocked!! Haha, but my college dreams for him aside, I'm truly learning more about his personality the more I get him out in the world. It's been quite the experience but I love him more than anything. He's been my little man and now he's becoming my little soccer star. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment