Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Oliver Saved Scarlett's Life

As the title states, I am thoroughly convinced of the fact.

Scarlett still sleeps in her burrito bc its the only way she sleeps through the night. Being tied up like that has made it impossible for her to flip over. However she's gotten so strong that last night she did just that.

Around 3:30 am I woke up to Oliver crying. He's been doing this since we began potty training 2 weeks ago, but ONLY when he pees the bed. I walked into their room and asked Oliver if he'd peed the bed. He said "No, baby crying!" I checked the bed and his underwear and both were dry. He kept repeating, "baby crying" and clearly she was not. I wake up to every whimper, sob, and hiccup so I was sure!

I looked in her crib and she was face down, still wrapped up, right in a blanket. You couldn't even see her little face. Of course I panicked and picked her up and shook her (gently) until she cried. I have always had a huge fear of SIDS and have taken every precaution in the book.

I just think that if Oliver hadn't woken me up and she would have continued sleeping like that, something unspeakable could have happened. He flat out saved her life.

If you're not a believer of any innate sibling bonds...this is pretty convincing. He will always be her big brother and protector...just now there is a literal sense to this notion.


He's been her guardian angel from the day we brought her home.

It gives me chills when I think about it. Finding her head down was horrifying. I love my little boy more than anything and he proves time and time again that he is absolutely perfect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment