Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

One Step Closer to Potty Trianing


Potty training begins tomorrow AM. If it goes anything like tonight, I'll be more than happy!

Below are a few of Oliver's favorite special snacks. Things he LOVES but we limit for obvious reasons (minus the fruit cups, they're pretty healthy if they're not in syrup). I mention them because when we unloaded the car with our Costco purchases, Oliver noticed the Red Vines right away. They are definitely his favorite and we don't buy them often! I joked that I would give him 1 Red Vine before bed if he pee peed in the potty, totally assuming he'd shoot me down.

Nope he grabbed George's hand and told us he had to "poo poo". For some reason he stopped saying pee pee and refers to it strictly as poo poo no matter if its #1 or #2. He sat down for a solid 30 seconds and peed. 2 Red Vines and a million high fives later we had quite the proud little 2 year old.

Since I will be taking Oliver to the potty every 35-45 minutes tomorrow, I will have plenty of snack prizes for going. This way I give him a choice each time he goes. The more freedom you give a 2 year old, the more compliant they will be!!! It's all about making them think they are leading the whole process, as I mentioned in my binky post below. :)



WISH US LUCK! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

P.S. I will be updating pretty often with potty training news mostly for my own record so I have something to look back on when it comes time for Scarlett and partly for those moms who are going through this or are thinking about it. Anything I can share that might be helpful makes this process seem a tad less 'UGH'!

No comments:

Post a Comment