Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Potty Training Day 2

Let's see, overnight:
-I laid him to bed and he peed in it right after I kissed him goodnight. Fear of no diaper??? We had him sit and try and nothing came out. I thought perhaps because his last drink was around maybe 5:30 he just didn't have anything to give...Oh he did!!!
-I woke up to him moving/talking. My first thought was "SHOOT" He's been up and unable to go all by himself (take off the underwear, etc) so there must be pee EVERYWHERE!" Nope, he was a bit damp but the sheets were dry. They smelled of a hint of pee...
-I think since he has been waking up dry/a tiny bit wet...this is what 'a tiny bit wet' is without a diaper.

Either way we've been diaperless for a LONG time. :)


Today won't be as extensive but I do want to track his progress and lack of...

8:05 am HE PEED He woke up and I took him right to the potty. He sat there for quite some time but gave us A LOT of pee. :)

10:45 am HE PEED Almost 3 hours later! I was asking him every 5 minutes because I was wondering why after a glass of milk and cereal (with lots of milk) there was no pee! But he did great. NO accidents yet today!

12:07 pm Nap time. Oliver sat on the potty with Daddy for quite some time but nothing happened...so we decided to just put him down. There was a lot of protest to nap time so I just left him in his room (I NEVER break routine no matter how much he doesn't want to, he always ends up falling asleep. :)) I can still hear him 'reading' books. I left his door open since he's right across the hall from the bathroom....Hoping for no accidents!!!!!!!!

12:38 pm He peed his underwear. Not in bed though thank goodness!! I think he is scared to walk to the bathroom by himself from his room, so he peed on the carpet...But he automatically called for me so I know he 'gets it'.

1:04 pm He is still on the potty. He refuses to go nap and keeps complaining about having to pee. I can't just lock him in his room and assume he's lying about the potty. Ugh. If he's not asleep in an hour then nap is over since it usually lasts 2 hours...

1:06 pm He set up his toilet insert potty by himself. You know the one that you just put onto a regular toilet. He never has wanted to use that but he's trying it. I'm surprised he didn't fall in. :)

1:39 pm I give up!!! On the nap that is! There have been just a handful of times in his life that he didn't cry himself to sleep. But he was complaining about poop the whole time. He's been farting a lot since last night and I'm wondering if its slight constipation so he's scared to sleep with no diaper?? I haven't been offering him tons of fluids (but never denying) just so he's not peeing all over but I think its starting to have a negative effect. I have now given him a super full glass of apple juice and am about to make him lunch!

2:04 pm He ran to the bathroom to potty but he couldn't pull his undies down in time! Good job knowing where to go and what to do!!! This was easier when he was just naked...we're working on the underwear...I can't even imagine pants!!!

2:34 pm HE POOPED IN THE POTTY!!! Welp I was right, he definitely needed to poop. He automatically said he had to go, sat on the potty and did it!!! I cannot express how proud I am. He is doing so great and this makes it even easier for me to distance myself completely from diapers!!!

4:45 pm HE PEED! Yay, pee pee in the potty. Most of it unfortunately got on the floor because he was sitting on it crooked and he penis shot the pee up over the side of the potty. Hahaha, you don't have to worry about this with a girl!!

8:39 pm UGH! Since there was no nap taken Oliver fell asleep at about 6:30 and slept for 20 minutes...that was enough to induce the longest tantrum on record! He ended up peeing in the potty sometime around 7:30 during a short moment I got him to stop screaming. I have put him to bed but I can hear him crying, still. Let's hope that this tantrum has not inhibited him from peeing all the way and there won't be any accidents.....

2 DAYS DOWN WITH NO DIAPERS! THE NEXT CHALLENGE IS DAYCARE! LET'S HOPE HE ACCLIMATES TO NO DIAPER IN A NEW PLACE FAST AND EASY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment