Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

A Letter To Scarlett

Dearest Scarlett,

When I became pregnant I instantly knew I was having a girl. The ultrasound and your subsequent birth confirmed it, but I knew.

I also knew there was going to be something special about you. Not only because you have me as a mother who does, and will continue to, push you to be sincere, passionate, independent, feisty, confident, nurturing, strong, resilient, driven and much more. No, I knew from your surprise conception that you had a place on this Earth and you had chosen your timing. Even in birth you were a tangy twist on life as I knew it. You knew when you wanted to be born and you were in a rush. I've never seen a pinker, perkier, more ready to live baby.

Scarlett Magnolia, you drive me insanely crazy. You fight me on every little thing and I know you are challenging me over which one of us females will rule our boy infested roost. You make me want to tear me hair out with your strong will, and your appetite for challenges, and destroying any obstacles in your path. Have I mentioned I am completely in awe of you and more proud then I could ever imagine being of a two year old?

You, my darling daughter, my little sissy missy, my little muffin, my little stinky pants.....
You need to have fun.
You need to thrive.
You need to destroy.
You need to out eat everyone in the family.
You need to fall from the highest point of playground equipment.
You need to win against your brothers.
You need to laugh hysterically as you yell at me in the car.
You need to be clingy with your Daddy.
You need to bust your cheek and eye while jumping in the bath tub.
You need to run around naked no matter how cold.
You need to hate chocolate.
You need to be scared of kitties and puppies.

To grow and learn and become a successful little lady, you need to do all the things that drive me crazy.

I am, and continue to be, forever grateful that I get to be your Mommy. I am almost excited for your tween and teen years just so that you can grow up into a young woman and be my best friend. But for now, stay small, with your GIANT personality, and spend every day annoying your brothers and making us all laugh.

Love you more than words can utter,
Mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment