Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

7 Week Anniversary of Potty Training!

I can't believe it has been 7 weeks since I had Oliver in a diaper!

Just an update:

-Oliver has been doing great. I feared a bit of reversion in the last 2 weeks but now I think its overconfidence. He had been doing great at daycare with no wet pants and undies then all of  sudden he started getting wet with each time he would go to the potty. Now this hasn't been 'accidents' where he didn't make it in time or forgot to go, it happened to just be a boy thing!! His little pee pee always manages to spray all over the darn place. In the beginning he was SO careful and over time he has become so busy playing that he no longer was paying attention.
Both Dana and I have made sure to enforce "pee pee down, close legs" with every potty attempt. Now without any prompting he always puts his pee pee down and closes his legs while saying the phrase. It's been better for the last few days!! Less wet pants/undies from all the spray!!
-He hasn't been getting better with the night wetting. It still occurs every other night about. But we're working on it!!
-He has developed a "fear" (I don't really know if that's the right word; "uneasiness" maybe?) to big pottys. He had been doing great in public going on adult toilets, but recently he has just not wanted to do it. He'll tell me he has to go, I'll take him and sit him, he won't go and then we'll leave. Repeat another 3-4 times and then 5 minutes later he'll pee his pants! This even started at Babi and Dzia Dzia's! I've noticed if there is a little potty around he'll do just fine. Hmmm, we have yet to figure this one out. :)

No one says potty training is easy. It's the ride of your life. Perserverence is really at the core of it. But what could I expect from a boy that potty trained in 1 weekend? I'm proud of him nonetheless!

4 comments:

  1. I wanted to mention, you inspired me to potty train my 2.5 year old, as well. He's also doing great, minus the nights, same as Oliver lol. For going out, may I suggest a portable potty? We have one from our first little boy, and it's a potty that folds up, and you simply put a plastic bag inside to catch everything. You can also remove the top and (I believe) attach it to a regular potty when he feels ready. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does help! Thanks for the suggestion! Do you know the name of the portable potty? Or the brand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I decided to make a blog post about it, instead of sending you pics of a potty... thought that may seem a bit weird. Also, the comp crashed last night, which is why I'm doing this now... at 6am... Baby batman... 'nough said.

    http://duckiesknit2.blogspot.com/2011/05/portable-potties.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I will totally check it out there! Thanks again for your help momma!!

    ReplyDelete