Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Oliver is Amazing!

I just could rave about this boy forever. I also have my share of rants, but he's a three year old. Seems appropriate.


He had a balloon animal and told me it was a boat.
Me: "Is it a speed boat?"
Oliver: "No, its a slow boat!"

Love it.



--------------

We also have a Thankful Tree in our house in time for Thanksgiving. I'm teaching the kids to think about what makes them happy. Of course my goal is to make Oliver realize what things he has in his life that other kids may not. (Scarlett's still to little to 'get it').

These last few days he's been thankful for his Hot Wheels and Ghostbusters, trucks and trains. Of course that's fine but I was hoping as we progressed we'd focus the scope to people and the 'bigger picture'.

Today, with absolutely no prompting, Oliver told me he was thankful for 'our big house we live in'. I asked him why, and he told me that some people don't live in houses and they have to live outside.

*BAM* He got it.

We had a talk about how some kids have parents that don't have money and they have to live out in the cold. He was very inquisitive and compassionate. He said he wanted to help these kids. As a future social worker, that pulled on my heart strings. I think this will be a great a prelude to some Xmas charity.  My dream is to have the kids pick out a present each for a child in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment