Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Santa Pictures 2011

Sorry for the poor quality. Its a phone pic of the picture.

Now if it were up to me I would never have been in this picture. Haha.
Oliver is still very shy and reserved (only in public!).
He had decided that "Santa is a bad guy" all on his own.
Sooooo, he was NOT thrilled about this "opportunity".
I also know that he is almost 3 and understanding and remembering
lots of things. I knew he would be traumatized
if we left him with Santa and ran. I just couldn't
perpetuate the whole "bad Santa" thing.

We took a bullet for the team to make Oliver comfortable
and he was content sitting on Daddy's lap.
You can obviously tell he's still not comfortable, but he's not screaming!




The best thing was that Santa took some time to talk to Oliver after the picture. And much to our surprise, Oliver talked back!! Usually if someone he doesn't know talks to him he kind of shuts down and hides behind me.

But NO! Oliver told Santa what he wanted for Christmas and got some candy and really engaged. I was super proud of him.

Now I can't get him to stop talking about how much he loves Santa. Sucking it up and taking a picture with Santa for my child was a great decision!! Now let's hope I can skip it next year. Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment