Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

14 Months


Here's Little Miss Thang...
Still won't accept a sippy.
This child has been a battle and I've noticed that
I just haven't cared enough to be diligent about
switching away from the bottle.

Oliver was on strictly sippys by 13 months...
But I had a lot more time on my hands then...

She only drinks from her bottle a little at a time.
She seldom can finish a bottle in one sitting anyway,
so she is definitely ready for a sippy...
Plus less spilling would be a HUGE bonus.
Size 4 nipples don't hold in liquid!!!

Mommy has a weeks vacation coming up, and I will
be trying to conquer this.
Not that being on a bottle is a bad thing at all,
it just seems easier for me with the sippy. :)




More updates on Scarlett:

She loves to make engine noises when playing with cars. She is definitely picking up a lot from her brother.

She can follow more complex commands like, "Bring me your shoes" "Put your cracker on the table"

She can identify her nose, toes, feet, and she's almost got her ears.

She LOVES brushing her teeth so she brushes twice daily!

She is a little dancer. Music makes her move her tush and she loves to bounce and spin. She automatically gets in a happy place when dancing.

Anything that is soft, she will find a way to snuggle with it!

She loves to "cook". If she is playing with pots and pans and mixing spoons, she loves it. She even likes to "feed" us her creations.

Which reminds me, she loves to share her food. If she is eating anything, after she gets a good fill, she always tries to share by basically forcing it in your mouth. She means well...

She has to sit on the toilet and watch me get ready every morning. She likes when I [pretend] to put powder and blush on her! This is where I notice a difference between my kids and I don't know if its biological gender roles [nature perspective] coming through, or what....but Oliver would always like to be in the bathroom with me too (but not as often) but he always had toys to play with or books to read and never took notice of my makeup.



My Scarlett is basically becoming a little toddler, who's more coordinated, understanding, and not a baby anymore.

Gosh, I have to keep reminding myself that she's going to be a BIG sister soon.....




No comments:

Post a Comment