Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Anatomy Scan

On Friday the 23rd we had our anatomy ultrasound!
I scheduled it for the 23rd since that was the last day before Christmas
that we could possibly do it...the purpose being just in case we caved
on holding off on finding out the gender. I thought it would be cute to at
least have the tech write it down and put it in an envelope so we could open
it on Xmas.

LUCKILY
we were able to hold strong and NOT find out the gender!!!

We have our boy, we have our girl, we have every piece of clothing
both of them ever wore along with all the baby gear/toys any baby
needs...so really, why not??

I don't think there are very many surprises left in life, especially surprises
that are received after the incredible work that labor and delivery is.
My goal with Squishy is to go completely natural. I remember the incredible
high I had after I gave birth to Scarlett with no meds, and throwing in finding
out what my precious baby is in that very moment of nature's strongest high,
is something worth waiting for.

Furthermore, I've thought greatly about the relationship I have/will have with
Squishy throughout the pregnancy. It has been different than it was with the other two.
As I feel baby moving inside my belly, I am not focusing on gender roles in the future,
ie, "in a year I will be buying tutus for my baby girl" or "I can't wait to have another
little wrestler"....I have no dreams of blue or pink.

I have nothing more than the thought of a child. I will have a little baby in a mere
4.5 months. It is weird how differently I think of this Squishy because I cannot
create preexisting "norms" of what it will be like "one day". There is just right now,
and my baby. It's truly incredible. If I have any more children, I don't think I'll
want to find out what we're having.

The best shot of Squishy!

George fooling around and taking pics...

This is my second child in a row that would not give me a profile ultrasound picture. Kind of frustrating, since I love the cute little profiles...but oh well, Squishy gave us a nice straight on face shot. :) 3D ultrasound countdown starts now...can't wait to see baby again!

No comments:

Post a Comment