Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Update on Mommy

Welp, if you haven't heard through FB, I got in to my Master's program!!!

I will be going to UW Tacoma beginning in September for my Master in Social Work.

It is a very competitive program and I heard so many stories of  it taking others 2-3 applications before getting in.

I feel blessed to have gotten in the first time and it solidifies that its truly meant to be in this time in my life.

Everyone thinks I'm absolutely CRAZY! A full time job, 2 kids, and school? But if you know me, you know this will be perfect for me!!

I should be done in 3 years but I will see if it will be possible to get out sooner. Either way I'm so excited that I am getting closer and closer to my dream career!! And to be able to support my family in the way I have always wanted to is the most rewarding part of this!

And if you care to know my direction:

I will be sticking with Medical Social Work in some capacity. I want to intern in a few diverse medical environments to see what I will want to do. Currently I work in Hospice and really want to explore that! To some death may be depressing, but having worked in the office for almost a year and a half I really think it could be fulfilling. :)

Wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment