Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ollie...

My growing boy has been doing so much lately in his development, I can't keep up.

He is talking so much! Almost in full sentences too. He says new words everyday, like today he said, "Daddy get the groceries." Groceries? Yeah, I didn't know he could say that either!

He refers to himself in third person. It's getting a bit better fortunately. He actually says 'my' instead of Ollie...the 'I' is harder. Where he used to say "Ollie's sissy", "Ollie's monster truck"...he then said "Ollie my shoes" as a combination, and now he's just saying "My book." But we're still working on fixing "Ollie hungry", "Ollie pooped", "Ollie help"...Hahaha.

He's getting more sociable. He's always been very standoffish as to test out his surroundings. Now I'm noticing him being more responsive to strangers.

I don't remember the last time I gave him a sippy! Cups are definitely in. I think he may still use a sippy at daycare, understandably!

The binky is still around, but still only for sleeping. I hoping to start weaning soon.

He's been waking up in the mornings with a dry, or mostly dry diaper more often then not. I think we'll be getting ready to potty train soon. I'm so glad that I won't have to do as much work as daycare will. I know that sounds horrible, but the one thing I hate most about parenting is potty training. Ugh, I hate thinking about it.

He is still my master sleeper. Sleeps like a rock, all night long. :]

He can count to 3 on a regular basis, but he's made it to 5 on his own. :] He also knows circles and triangles. He can point out the color red, that's not an every time thing, but I'm still amazed by him. :]

He doesn't watch much TV, but his favorite shows are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sesame Street [its all about Elmo], and Spongebob. The Toy Story movies are getting to be his next favorite after Cars. He's fallen in love with Woody and plays with a Woody doll every day at daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment