Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Happy Birthday Song

Well Ollie sure did learn the Happy Birthday song from his birthday party!

He put a couple little balls into the underside of a Frisbee; this was a makeshift cake!

Then he would start singing..."Happy Birthday..." and wait for me to join in. Haha, I would of course, and we would sing it together. At the very end he would blow on one of the balls because it was, indeed, a candle. And we did this over and over and over and over. :] Gotta love parenting!

What's amazing is that he knows all the words! He is so smart! And I don't mean it in that snooty mom, "My kid is the most amazing in the whole world" kinda way. I just always see both of my kids as they were right after I gave birth; helpless, little, tiny babies who need me to do everything for them [just the way I like it :)]. I often forget that they are supposed to grow and learn and become self sufficient little people. I'm such a proud mom. Every little accomplishment means the world to me. I will always stand in my kid's corners. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment