Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve

We had a successful 1st Christmas as a complete family. I cannot believe one year ago I was an angry, over eating, GIANT pregnant lady due in 2 days!

We literally took a billion pictures so here is just a sample of what happened during the unwrapping!









He got a little vacuum which I think is PERFECT. I vacuum the house on a daily basis and he follows me around while so fascinated by the vacuum. This way he can help Momma! It even makes real vacuum noises and it sings! Pretty spiffy.

Now as per Polish tradition we go to Christmas mass at 10 p.m. Midnight was always just too late! Oliver has a pretty strict bedtime of between 7-8 pm. Not strict bc I'm a mean ol' Mommy who makes him go to sleep, so don't get any ideas. :] He has been set like this since I can remember! Anyway, We put him to bed at 7:40 and poor thing had to be woken up at 9:15 to get dressed for mass! He took it fairly well... Though we did leave church early! And being the lucky parents we are, we came home, he took a bottle and he was out without a peep.

Here's a quick photo I took in the family room right before mass!


I can't believe Christmas is nearly over! Having Oliver born at the beginning of the year, this signifies a lot to us. Besides his birth day, and perhaps New Years [thought there's no way he's staying up for that!], there is nothing else to celebrate. He has completed a full cycle of holidays, celebrations, ordinary days, and everything else in between. This marks the beginning of the second year of Oliver's little life. That's a lot for our little dude. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment