Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Two Christmases

If you've known me long enough, you know our family celebrates two Christmases. Growing up we opened gifts on Christmas Eve, following Polish tradition, and Daddy opened gifts Christmas morning. We couldn't decide on just one way to celebrate, as both traditions mean a lot to us. Instead we meshed it all together and will adjust 'the story' for the kids to make them keep believing in Santa.

Here are some pictures from my parent's house on Christmas Eve.

Eep, finding the first gift to open!

Oliver could read all the names and give gifts to the right peoplel

I love this shot bc its true to our family. Someone is always videotaping.photographing.

I just think she is such a beautiful child.

She got a toothbrush and was super excited about it. She LOVES brushing!

Felix woke up and opened gifts!







Love him!
And here are some pictures of Christmas morning at the Buchanan house:

I'm bummed we didn't charge our video camera. It died right as the kids ran down the stairs screaming that Santa had come. I would be lying if I said I didn't shed a tear. Not over the camera, but over how happy the kids were. I'm a very nostalgic person and I was always so into magical, mystical things as a kid. I wished so hard that everything existed as I slowly found out there was no Santa, Tooth Fairy, wizards, mermaids. I remember being so angry...anyway, that's a whole 'nuther tangent. My point is, that the emotion I feel seeing my kids SO genuinely in awe and in an utter state of happiness is indescribable. They believe so strongly in the magic of the holidays and its sad when Christmas is over.

With that being said, here are some photos! We set the standard low this year; each got to put 3 things on their list for Santa. Last year they got some high priced items (kitchen, train table, easel, amongst tons of toys) so this year I wanted to make sure we stuck with smaller things. We have, so. many. toys. in this house. Plus by only expecting 3 things....they were ecstatic at anything extra!

Felix's 1st Christmas.


All in one picture. Always a good thing.

Scarlett stuffed her mouth with candy.

HE GOT THE SKATEBOARD. I don't think O could have been any happier.

Little brother had to plop down on the skateboard too.

This was a Christmas to remember. Everything was perfect and I cannot wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment