Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Family Update

For anyone that is wondering what is going on with us, here a little bit about the last few months:

The Kids:

The kids have all being doing well and getting along. The older ones LOVE that Felix is much more participatory. Oliver has grown to absolutely adore his little brother. He always wants to be around him and show him things. He had full on conversations with Squish. Scarlett really loves him too, but she's going thru her Terrible Two stuff, so she's got good days and bad. She gets angry at everyone, so we've been trying to give her a bit more singular attention.

Oliver still says 'katair' instead of guitar. That cracks me up.
Scarlett is talking in almost full sentences. She amazes me each day with what she's speaking.
Felix is pretty happy. No teeth yet. Not as interested in mobility like my other two crazy kids.

Daddy:

Daddy continues to work about 70 hours a week. He rarely takes any weekend days off and has just been a workoholic. But its all for good measure. I haven't been working and so we are down an income. I am really honored by his drive to keep working as much as possible so that we can continue to pay bills and live the life we're used to. I personally don't think he needs to work as much as he is (mainly bc I miss him), but again, its endearing to be with a guy who puts his family first and has the stamina and work ethic to do what he is doing. I am excited for my new job so that George feels like he won't have to work AS much.

Mommy:

I continue with school. I am on break now, though still continuing with my Practicum. I am so close to the halfway mark of the program, I just can't wait to be officially on the downhill slope. February will mark the end of my current Practicum placement, and in April I will begin another. It'll be more hours and it'll be a year long, but I'm excited to switch gears from Hospice and Home Health, to a hospital setting. As mentioned above, I did get a job. These last 6 months, jobless, was kind of terrible. I was not meant to be a SAHM. I love my kids dearly and I had a lot of fun, but its just not something I has ever wanted. I wish I could go back to my old job, but wanting to save money on daycare, I found a job working evenings/nights at the ED at Valley! Since I want to do medical social work, its a nice way to get my feet wet in the emergency environment. Plus I'll get more time with my kids during the day and still get to work part time. It's win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment