Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lullaby

I CANNOT forget this!

I few weeks ago I overheard Oliver talking. Or so I thought it way talking...

It was nap time and I put the two older ones in bed. Scarlett and Oliver have grown accustomed to sleeping in their doorways because of the heat. We have one fan that I put in between their rooms, so to get maximum benefit they get really close! Scarlett has a gate at her door because she still will escape her room and start rummaging through every room upstairs. Anyway....

Scarlett usually falls asleep right away, however she was having a rough time on this day. I realized Oliver's "talking" was really him singing lullabies to his sister. After some time I went upstairs to check on them. Scarlett was passed out and Oliver was still looking at books in his room. I asked him what had happened, he said, "I was helping Scarlett sleep. I sang her a lullaby, Momma!" He had such a proud tone to his voice. It was hard not to tear up and squeeze him tight from my own pride.

I still catch him from time to time either singing lullabies to his sister or Felix. He makes up the silliest little songs....

No comments:

Post a Comment