Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

All About Scar

I'm hoping I'm not repeating any photos...
This is how bad I've been at blogging!!! I have no idea what I've written about...

I thought I'd do a little recap of each kid and add any cool stories about what's going on with them. I would feel terrible if I forgot some of their little quips!


Above is Miss Scar sleeping in her doorway. The kids slept in their doorways sharing our one fan during the heat wave. They got so used to it that they still prefer the ground to their beds. No matter if I read her bedtime stories and tuck her in, inevitably she will end up on the floor.

Here is Oliver "fixing" Scarlett's broken binky.When Oliver reached 2 we cut the top off of his last remaining binky and that was that. No more binkies for him. I know Scarlett isn't two yet but she's got so many binkies laying around I figured I could cut a few tops off. Anyway, this is the very first one I cut off. Scarlett was so perplexed and Oliver felt so bad that he thought he could grab his tools and fix it for her. I'm trying to keep the binky only for sleeping and the car... She's a lot tougher to wean then Ollie so far...

Above is my little girl with many clips in her hair. She is not one to under-do accessories. Ha. She is definitely NOT a girly girl, but certain things are a must. And this picture is actually before she made me put in about 6 more bows. Thankfully she likes having her hair played with. She lets me put it in a pony tail or braid it. I like that about her!


These two pictures are a great illustration of Scarlett. If you don't know her, this is a perfect representation. She's crazy and is giving me a run for my money. And I thought Oliver has been tough... Hahahaha, silly Mommy...


She LOVES swings. 'Nuff said.

Super annoying at the playground though.

Yep, everyone can be having a good time climbing, running, and jumping. She will spend over an hour in a swing begging to be swung as hard as possible.

Daredevil! She is not afraid of anything, including heights (as her brother is). Again, I thought I had it rough with Oliver. Boy was I wrong! At least i knew Oliver would never take it too far. Scarlett will cross all the lines my OCD son will not.

Not a fan of sweets. She will, however, eat any cupcake you put in front of her.

This happens a lot. She's a trickster.

Someone learned how to open doors only AFTER learning to climb her gate. I cannot repeat how these things never happened with Oliver. Scarlett is such a different kid. It's amazing how you can raise kids almost identically but they are so wildly different.

For a long time when Scarlett slept we put a baby gate at her door and left it open. This is so she wouldn't wander the halls in the middle of the night. One day during nap Oliver yelled down to me that Scarlett got out of her room. I did not believe it for a second...I went up to investigate and saw that she indeed had gotten out. I thought it was a fluke so I stuck her back in her room and hid to see if it would happen again. 2 seconds later I see Scar climbing the gate. I closed her door with a child safety lock on it...Yeah she figured that out in literally one second. I was shocked!!

Oliver is/was a crazy kid. However he knew how to accept things. He NEVER figured out his door lock because I don't think he ever tried tampering with it. He just knew he had to be in his room. Scarlett on the other hand is VERY headstrong in a different way than Ollie was. I don't want to make it seem like Oliver was some softy or some easy kid to raise. He just lashes out differently. Perhaps its an attestation to gender? Who knows...

Anyway, George ended up taping the lock in place so she couldn't pop it off! It works and she can't turn the knob!

No problem eating sand at Alki...

Tough time pooping it out....

Just wanted a pic in her new undies. She gives me this. SOOOOO Scarlett.

Jealous of Felix, much? Haha. Scarlett was doing great with the new baby until recently. Oliver and her switched. Oliver had the behavioral issues but is now back to normal and Scarlett went from being a caring, loving big sister to a complete wreck... Ugh.


Daredevil again. Yep. Oliver has always been more level headed and aware of danger. This girl...nope.

Always crazy. Here is was climbing the windowsill. She's always testing us.

No comments:

Post a Comment