Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

The Tag

RIP blankie tag May 2009-June 22nd, 2012

I HAVE to remember the day Oliver's FAVORITE blue blankie lost it's tag.

Oliver, as most babies, went through his love of tags stage beginning around 6 months. His obsession faded with all tags EXCEPT on his blue blanket. Part of our bedtime routine was covering him with the blankie and making sure he had the tag securely in his hand. This became infinitely important once we completely took the binky away when he turned 2...

About a year ago we started noticing that the tag was getting really worn down and detaching from one side. George and I would joke how the end of the world would begin with the tag falling off (how fitting that its fallen off in 2012...) but at the same time the tag was such a staple that it seemed immortal and unable to be affected by environmental factors.

Welp, a certain 3.5 year old proved us wrong today. The sad look in his eyes almost made me cry when he showed me the detached tag. I asked him how he felt and what his plans were with the tag. He responded, "I don't want to throw it away." He had a really scared look in his eye like I was going to make him toss it or something. I reassured him that he would absolutely NOT have to throw it away. He informed me that he would be playing with it and keeping it in his room. Whatever works, kid. :)


Here Daddy tied the infamous blue blankie into a toga/dress for Oliver. He had A LOT of fun wearing it. I think it was so different from anything he's worn since, well, he doesn't wear dresses...ever!





These are the important things happening in the Buchanan home!

No comments:

Post a Comment