Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Oliver Update

Oh boy.

My ever elusive Oliver. Getting a picture of this kid is LITERALLY stressful. He hates it and I always have to catch him in the middle of something and/or pretend I'm just "looking" at the camera to secretly snap photos.

Here is a list of 10 things about Mr. Oliver:

1. He is ever the organized, OCD, clean, worry wart kid. Everything has it's place and must go back correctly. This is at home and at daycare. I am so opposite...he's gonna give me a run for my money.

2. Oliver has surprised me with how social he's become. He can still be shy when he's weary of a person and their intentions (like when my cousin wanted to photograph him with Felix during a shoot). Otherwise he will talk up a storm and tell you everything.

3. Oliver talks like a champ. He's been talking very well for a long time but I'm noticing his word usage is almost perfect. He uses some pretty colorful words (such as the word 'possibly') and loves to copy phrases. His newest is: "Holy Moly" and "What the heck?". I just can't believe how properly he speaks and it makes him less of a little baby... Depressing.

4. Oliver absolutely loves to dance. Any time he hears music he is jumping around and spinning on the floor. Kinda looks like a version of break dancing. Haha. 

5. He has gotten so much more protective of Scarlett and other younger kids (at daycare). Every morning I have to deal with his freak outs over Scarlett possibly running into the street (and her yelling because she doesn't like him controlling her) as I load the baby into the car. Scarlett is still a liability so I'm grateful that he worries but for the most part she just hangs out by my car in the driveway while Oliver grabs a hold of her. It's very sweet and I love that he cares so much about her.

6. He loves to show off his new brother. On several occasions he has referred to Felix as "so cool" and "soooo cute". 

7. Oliver has never been much into drawing pictures. He loves to color, but his "pictures" consisted of lines of color. Another meticulous, OCD thing he liked to do! Basically you'd get a sheet of paper with lines of each color of crayon/marker/etc he had in front of him. Now he really likes to draw actual objects. Recently he drew glasses and faces and even Mickey Mouse. 

8. He will not nap at home unless you threaten him. At daycare he sleeps with everyone else but at home he likes to just hang out in his room for 2 hours. So now I tell him that daddy can only come home from work if he sleeps. Or if we have a play date, I'll tell him "so and so" can't come over unless he sleeps. Works like a charm!!

9. Oliver really likes science themed things. I'm waiting to see if this is a phase or if he may go in that direction in life. Remember, Mommy is a total humanities, "talk to people", artsy person...I may have a hard time with someone so logical and meticulous.... Hehe.

10. Oliver is beginning to get the basics of math! He is great at counting and can add and subtract small numbers. Makes him seem so big!! P.S. he can also sing the whole alphabet song perfectly!!
The type of photos I typically get.


At the beach, mad that I was making him look at me.

Bam! Sometimes I'm sneaky...I'd prefer no hand in the pic though!!


No comments:

Post a Comment