Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Vacation: IF & Yellowstone

I have taken a little hiatus from updating this blog...After vacation I've been swamped with work and the thought of sifting through hundreds of photos to post was nauseating! Haha. That's why I post so much otherwise, because I know if I wait too long, I'll never do it!!

Now if we're FB friends I've got a ton of pictures posted there of both Idaho Falls and Yellowstone. This uploader is making me really angry right now so you'll just have to make due with those photos.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The kids had a really good time, as did Mom and Dad. The 13 hour car ride there and back was actually a breeze. (Just the last hour there was torturous for both as we had driven all night long so they woke up with sore butts! The way back we got out enough times that everything was great).



Fourth of July was definitely what it was cracked up to be. I know I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed the small town vibe of everything like the parade and fireworks.



We also got to enjoy Yellowstone. The kids were NOT at their best. :( But I had an amazing time as it was my first time going. Though we had to put up with a few too many tantrums, I was still excited about the thought of going when the kids are older and we can actually camp, hike, fish, not get mauled by bears, etc. :)



I did get to see a lot of good friends and spend enough time with family that overall the visit was a success. I'm not waiting another 3 years to go back...we'll be back sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment