Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rattlesnake Lake


Trying to be out in the sun every chance we get this summer! My mom told me about Rattlesnake Lake on Friday and I love how close to the city it is. It's just Exit 32 off I-90, about 40 minutes from Seattle. It was gorgeous!!! And the beach we were on was super kids friendly as the water was very shallow pretty far in so I didn't have to worry so much about Oliver. We want to come back without the kids, (and when they're older) and hike up to Rattlesnake Ridge. Anyway here are some pictures from the day:





Oliver kept saying, "I want to climb the mountain! It's too high so no climbing!"




He really attemped to doggie paddle, though we was just basically crawling. :)



So excited about this family picture!


Scarlett has been making this cheese face lately!


Cutest kid ever!!!!

I'm sure Oliver will want to kill me for writing down this story but I never want to forget it!! There were Honey Buckets at the lake (so nice) but Oliver was having a hard time going there. So all day he peed either in the lake or in the bushes. Yeah, he was THAT kid. But I'm very proud of him nonetheless because he keeps up with his potty training no matter where he is. So what that my kid drops his swim trunks in the lake and pees? Hahaha.

Anyway...he finally reached a point that he had to poop. He took turns with everyone going to the Honey Bucket, hiding in the bushes, etc. I just don't think he felt comfortable and I don't blame him. I thought he might be able to hold it until we got home in the afternoon as he refuses to poop his pants (we are blessed). He finally couldn't hold it anymore so he ran to me holding his butt (I was in the shallow end of the lake and by that time the place was full of families and kids). I told him to just take his trunks down and poop in the lake. Poor kid really couldn't hold it so he did just that! Yup, around all the swimmers.

I yelled to my sister to get the wipes, so I cleaned him up, fished out the poop (thankfully it stayed whole) and everything was fine! Haha, that was a total Super Mom moment. And no one seemed to notice.

My PSA: Kids, understand that this is parenting before you decide you want to have kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment