Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Letter To My Son

I did this around Oliver's first birthday and I'm hoping to make this a tradition for both my kids. Mommy's going to write them a letter each year and give them all to them when they're older. :)
Here's the link to last year's: 1st Year Letter To Oliver

-------------------------------------------------------------

Oliver,

I wish I could write down the words that could actually illustrate how much I love you. This. Is. Impossible.

When I look in to your little blue eyes I see such wonder, prowess, and imagination. You are inspiring. You are beautiful. You are worthy of all your future dreams. Everyday I thank the Lord that I was lucky enough to get you as a son.

Sometimes I watch your tiny belly go up and down with each breath as you sleep, I can't help but cry. You. Are. Mine. ALL mine! Everything about you, that your father and I created, is perfect. Not a flaw. You make me a better person.

You make me work harder, fight dirtier, and want to be around longer just so that I could have the privilege of being your mommy and make you proud. I love you, son, and my world would be a little bit darker and lack a whole lot of laughter had I never gotten the chance to meet you.

These are the things I wish for you in this time in your life:
-Smile and laugh until it hurts. Never stop!
-Count as many M&Ms as you need to so that the pee pee ends up in the potty.
(Wwwon, tooo, free,  four, fife, six, seven, ate, nine, ten, leven!)
-Never forget that kisses cure everything.
-Ask for "appa" anytime you want. I know the day will come when I'll miss it.
-Hearing "Good morning Momma, where'd sissy go?" will never get old!
-Never stop giving me kisses. You haven't yet budged and I appreciate that it's still cool at your age.
-Don't stop asking to "Cover me, Momma! Cover me!"
-Keep trying new things, explore the world, and let me know about it! I want to be there to cultivate your passions.
-Cars? Again? Tow Mater? Again!? Lightning Keen? Lightning Keen! Again!!? Well, okay. :)
-Love you more! I win because I'm your Mom. Remember that, but I'll always welcome "love you more" wars!

Just know that I love you with every fiber of my being and you are the light of my life, my first born, my number one guy, my genius, my boog boog, my stinky butt, my "kiss my butt, momma", my stinky feet boy that I would do ANYTHING to protect!

I love you so much Oliver,
Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment