Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

3 Month Potty Update

Can you believe its been 3 months since we used diapers?? I know I can't!!!

In summary:

-The first month was amazing. A little night wetting, but he was doing amazing!!

-Month 2 was a boycott. He peed himself on purpose and started hating public toilets. He peed the bed almost every night. We were flabbergasted and exhausted! We finally resorted to buying Pull Ups for night.

-This last month has been glorious again! I have a hunch that it was the introduction of the Pull Ups that converted him back to a great potty-er. He wore them 2 nights and then he decided he was NOT going to wear them anymore. We purposely called them "night night undies" and never used the 'D' word (diaper) but he was too smart for us. He always referred to them as diapers and wanted no part in them. Only sissy wears diapers and she's a baby. He's a BIG BOY! Honestly I don't care what the etiology is, as long as he continues to do great I'm happy. I can't remember the last time he peed the bed or shot over the potty and got his pants wet. GREAT feeling for us parents. :)
------------------------------------------
Another great development is the doing away with morning TV. I wrote a post about this towards the beginning of potty training because I was saddened that I had to use TV as a means to get Oliver up early enough to potty before daycare. He's doing so well now that I can wake him up 10 minutes before we have to leave and he always goes potty, gets dressed and is ready to go!

SO happy about it. :)


Now they play together while I finish up getting ready in the mornings. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment