Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Amazing Memory!

It's funny how the smallest things your kids do make you SO proud as a parent! I have to write this down to remind myself down the road.

Yesterday Oliver was watching The Chipmunks and there are lots of Christmas scenes in that movie. George asked him if he remembered our Christmas tree. Neither of us thought he'd know, but he surprised us by pointing to exactly where the tree had been. Oliver started talking about Santa and presents. We were blown away that he remembered that from 6 months ago. I keep forgetting that he's such a big boy and its developmentally normal for something like this to happen, but I am still really proud of him and shocked that he retained that info!!!

Then today he shocked me again. Most people know that he is obsessed with Cars. (Cars 2 in 2 weeks will be Oliver's first time to a movie theater!!) In the movie they play Rascal Flatt's version of "Life is a Highway" a few times, especially when Mack, the semi. is driving Lightening McQueen cross country. Anyway, I was trying to find music on the radio on the way home from work because every station was playing commercials (I hate that!). I settled on a country station because I heard music NOT commercials but without registering what was playing. All of a sudden I hear, "Momma where Mack? Where Mack with Lighting Keen momma? And then he burst into laughter. Then I finally tuned into the song and started laughing with him! He knew that song was from the movie.

Again, nothing super special but boy was I excited. To me he's a genius!!! But I know any other mommys or daddys out there know their babies are all master genius'!!! I agree. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment