Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Update

Well... I completed my first week back at work and it turned out better than I had imagined. It was hard leaving Scarlett at daycare at such a young age. I balled my eyes out for most of the morning!! I just kept thinking how unfair it is to her since Oliver got to stay at home until he was 13 months. But realistically its something that had to happen and I take comfort knowing that she's with Oliver all day. As jealous as he can get, he has one mighty protective streak.

Just this last week as I was getting Scarlett ready to go home, one of Oliver's little playmates [she's 2 and adorable] was getting too close to Scarlett [for Oliver's comfort]. He slapped her and said "MY baby!". Haha, he 'gets' it and for that I'm grateful. He is such an amazing big brother!

On that note, the little girl he whacked is pretty much his girlfriend. Haha. They play together every day and they almost look like twins. They're the same height and build, and they both have blue eyes and blonde hair. ADORABLE. Anyway, I was picking up the kids from daycare on Thursday and her mom was picking her and her brother up and as Oliver was stepping out the door they both ran at each other and gave each other the biggest hug. You would have cried if you were there. Cute exploded everywhere in that moment.

AND THE BEST PART: Scarlett is still sleeping through the night! Amazing for both George and I since I just went back to work and he started a new job. And if this wasn't amazing enough, she's beginning to go to bed earlier and sleep in later. I don't know what I did in life to have 2 babies that sleep so well but I thank God every day. And I'm hoping He let's me have at least one more with the same sleep powers. :]

Oh and breastfeeding is still going strong. I noticed a huge fall in my milk production after going back to work, but I'm working on getting it back. I think it's just a change in routine and added stress. I have enough to feed her each day I'm just not producing the extra 8-16 ozs a day I had been. Either way I have so much frozen that I'm not worried. Daycare has enough to last at least another 6-8 weeks [unless she starts eating a ridiculous amount all of a sudden] and if I can produce enough to at least feed her in the AM and after work, I'm happy. Ideally I'd like her to be breast milk fed for 6 months at the least...but I can happily say that if my milk dried up today, I still consider this a success! I reached my goal and that's all that matters. [My goal: to breast feed longer than I had with Oliver]

No comments:

Post a Comment