Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Sleepig Boy!

I haven't posted any sleeping pictures of Oliver in a long time! I forgot I took this pic so don't worry, his hair didn't grow back all of a sudden!



So Ollie has this 'tick' where he needs to bring certain toys to his room for nap time and bed time. We've always been pretty big on no toys in the bedroom to keep it focused as a place to sleep not play, so I think this is his answer to not losing his toys...:] Just look at all of his favorite toys in the pic below.
He brings them in and always places them in the same places. Developmentally I know it is normal for toddlers this age to not understand the concept of things staying the same as they sleep, so they compensate by bringing them to bed as a way to assure themselves these things will be there when they wake up. It's just so funny to watch how serious Oliver is about placing each toy in it's specific spot. You can't distract him or he gets mad!

And notice the green tin bucket on the ground. He keeps all of his brand new cars he got for Christmas in there. I couldn't believe it when I noticed him picking apart his cars one day; I had put all of his little cars in there, new and old. George [bc he knows these things] told me he was throwing out all of the old cars from the bucket. How cool is it that he realizes the differences and is grouping his toys. I know I'm his mom and I'm supposed to think this, but that is really smart!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment