Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tis the Life of a Mommy

I have been extremely fortunate to have the husband that I have when it comes to parenthood. George has been on the front lines of almost every single diaper blow out, puke fest, and poop in the tub, to name a FEW. I don't do so well with bodily fluids that come with putrid odor...

Breast milk fed baby poops = fine!
Newborn spit up = fine!
Toddler diarrhea = GAG...
Chunky puke in the crib = DOUBLE GAG...

Anyway, I had just put Oliver down tonight for bedtime, 10 minutes later I heard a tiny bit of choking and a small cough. My first instinct was to run to my baby. [These are not noises I hear very often]
Let's just say there was chunky vomit covering EVERYTHING in the crib. Pillow, 5 blankets, stuffed animals, pajamas, face. I pick him out of it and he upchucks all over the carpet.

Just my luck. Long story short, I cleaned it up as best I could without throwing up. [Have I mentioned my pregnancy nausea has not subsided AT ALL yet?]
And I have never realized how much I love my husband for always taking on this kind of stuff bc he knows how queasy I am.

I love you honey. Really wish you were here tonight. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment