Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dreaded Day Care!

Monday was Oliver's first day. All I have to say is that he is a trooper! The first day I dropped him off and he didn't even cry when I left!

Myself, on the other hand, did not handle it quite as well. That Monday was traitorous! I had orientation that day for my AMAZING new job. I call it my 'big girl' job. :] So I left to drop Oliver off and thought I'd be fine. As I am literally turning into the parking lot, my waterworks began. I tried to compose myself before I took him inside but it wasn't happening. The entire time I spoke with his teacher about any special needs, etc, I was sobbing. Let's just say I got to orientation very puffy eyed! It didn't help when the Highline Medical Center CEO came to speak to us and brought up his son! More tears! Then a rep from the Childbirth Center came. MORE tears! I hid them well, but it was very tough.

Enough about me though! I have gotten nothing but positive feed back about his time in care. The last few days he has cried when I've left him but his teacher says he stops shortly after and is a great kid the rest of the time. They have so many activities and a playground outside. They do grouptime, sensory learning, singing, art, etc! I think as much as I want to be with him every second, I can't provide as much learning for him. I don't have tons of money for Gymboree, etc. I truly think day care is great for our family. Oliver is learning and developing and socializing and Mommy gets to get her career up and running.

He's a lot more talkative as well now. He points at EVERYTHING and makes these funny half words.. I can't wait until he actually says real things. [I'm gonna kick myself for that comment in a few months, I know it!]

He's totally weaned off the bottle too!!! Day care was vital in that. Before he started we had gotten him about 60% weaned, but I suppose the rapid change in routine geared him towards a smooth, almost forced weaning.

There's so much more cool stuff to mention, but I don't want to write a book. For now I'm just happy that we got over the day care hurdle and Oliver is happy. I was very worried about him having a hard time, but my kid has always adapted quite well so I am very pleased I have one less thing to stress over.

No comments:

Post a Comment