Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Socializing..

Oliver has had plenty of adult socilization in his almost 8 months, but what about other babies; his peers?
Well, my schedule is rediculous and George works swing shift so getting together with other moms has proven hard and seldom.
My new genious plan has been taking Oliver to the mall play place for kids.
He LOVES it.
All of the kids are considerably older and every time he has been the youngest and smallest. But boy does he have the same amount of energy!
I noticed while taking him to the park that he would just stare at the older kids running and playing. He wouldn't move for long periods of time just observing. He wasn't much of a crawler at the time and even after he started, rocks and wood chips are not good on baby knees and hands.
Hence I figured I'd give the mall a try.

Oliver crawls after the older kids and then makes his way somewhere where he can pull himself up. Then he just roars and laughs and yells with the other kids. It's really cute to watch how overjoyed he can get.

After how successful this has been I think I'll sign him up for Gymboree or the Little Gym. How fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment