Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Visiting Momma's first home.



This is Oliver in front of my parent's first house after moving to the States.
This was my first home as well and I wanted to bring Oliver to see it.
It's located on Alki, and if you not familiar with that area, condos are very in.
Most of the houses that littered the boardwalk have been bulldozed and transformed into multi million dollar condos. Only a few remain, ours being one of them.
Hence I wanted little Oliver to get a picture with it before, God forbid, it gets torn down.
Our unit is the one for rent. Wish I could afford Alki property! Ha!

2 comments:

  1. He is a cutie pie :). Congrats!! We can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First things first - OLIVER is adorable little munchkin - BEST WISHES TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

    Second, comment on the statement that this is where your parents first lived when they came to USA. Yes that was their first place of their own, however it was after they left Mr. and Mrs Kurpisz house, where they lived there for a while. I believe that Mr. and Mrs. Kurpisz sponsored them from Itally to Seattle. The Kurpisz family sponsored many people to this country. Here are some names I'm sure you know: Kozlowski Family, Richard Janowski, Peter Janowski; Teresa and Henryk Kusnierek, Zofia Sobanska; Aga Sobanska and many more. There are so many people whom Mr. and Mrs Kurpisz lend a helping hand in this country. I know that because I have been doing research on the polish community in Seattle. It is amazing to see that within the polish community people easily forget those who at the beginning helped them. Once the book is finished it will make a great read about Polish immigration to the Pacific Northwest.

    ReplyDelete