Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

He's getting better!

So for those who don't know, Oliver had a rough first 2 weeks. I'm guessing it was colic-like, though it is hard to diagnose so early on. It definitely had to do with his tummy. I could tell when he'd try to get to sleep at night that all of a sudden he would get very uncomfortable. His whole body tensed up and he would just cry and cry and cry, then he would stop and try to get back to sleep. Unfortunately he would be woken up again by tensing up and then beginning to cry. It was absolutely heartbreaking. Not only do I have no idea what I'm doing in terms of taking care of an infant, but having him cry really breaks any shred of confidence that was had. I just felt like I wanted little Oliver to feel better but there was nothing I could do. As a mother, not being able to help your child, sucks!

Luckily, and hopefully I'm not jinxing myself, we're on night 3 of Ollie actually sleeping during the night. I'm hoping his tummy problems are over or at least not so bad. Yes it is 1-ish o'clock in the morning and I should be taking advantage of the sleeping baby, but I'm so used to being up right now! I'll sleep eventually. I'm letting George get his rest now, so I can sleep during the day. Ha!

Oh what a life.
And I wouldn't change it for absolutely anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment