Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Scarlett Is Talking

About 2-3 weeks ago Scarlett went from only saying:

Momma
More
Kitty/kotek
This
Butt
Shoes
Dzia Dzia

and refusing to repeat words, to talking all at once.

Now she repeats (or tries to) any word you throw at her. She also has a slew of words/phrases she says daily. So I don't forget, I'm going to make a list of what I remember:

momma
daddy
Babi
Dzia Dzia
Ciocia
more
this
sit
hat
wa-wa (water)
sorry
Ya-Ya (Ollie...yeah, weird, haha)
Cheese (please)
Tek oooo (thank you)
I oh uuu (I love you)
Yes
No
Fe-Fe (Felix)
Bink (Binky)
Fork
Nana (banana)
Up
Down
Sleep
Ni-Ni (night night)
Bye Bye
Butt
Pee
Poop
Shoes

As I'm making this list, I realize she really has a LARGE list of words. Haha, there are more, but I know it'll take up a lot of space. But this is nicely reaffirming that she, as Ollie was, is one of those kids that started talking all at once!

Oliver had about 5 words he was using at 18 months, then started talking all at once at 20 months (about the time Scarlett showed up). Scarlett is now 22 months and when she still wasn't talking part of me had a teeny bit of worry, but the other part of me remembered that Scarlett had only Polish spoken to her at daycare for a year and a half. She was clearly confused and trying to make sense of the language, again, as Oliver had. She has been home with me all day for 2 months now (no daycare) and I think the influx of only one language made it all make sense!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment