Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Defiant Mr. Oliver

Wow, have the kids been crazy lately. I honestly thought Scarlett would have a harder time with Felix joining the family, but I think its Oliver that I overlooked...


When we first brought the baby home, everything was okay. Scarlett needed some extra attention, but I was relatively surprised at how easy it was. Fast forward one month after Felix arrived. I had to take the kids out of daycare, as I was transitioning to being a SAHM. Oliver began realizing that Scarlett is an equal playmate, not a baby anymore. Mommy also is always holding this new kid all the time.

Oliver has become more aggressive, more energetic, and more defiant to name a few. It's almost as if he likes being yelled at and put in time-out....

I keep having to remind myself that part of it is the age and where he is developmentally, but he is also going through some issues: Daily routine has changed, he lost a baby sister who is now a big girl, he doesn't get to see his friends anymore, and there is a new baby in the house.

As much as I remind myself that he is just at a weird phase he needs to sort out, I am having a VERY rough time with the spitting, hitting, biting, licking, screaming, etc. Of course these are not behaviors I want sticking around (though Scarlett is picking them up, ugh), but mostly I am shocked to see my sweet, shy, little boy turn into somewhat of a jerk....

My sweetheart is a jerk...yeah, I said it. Hahhaa. Ultimately I am ready for this phase to pass!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment