Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pneumonia Update.

Oliver is looking good.

The only bad stuff to report is his ever growing diaper rash. Anti-biotics do NOT do a butt good. :]

Then there's also the fatigue. The day care says he's just fine there but he comes home and is really whiny and disinterested with his toys and food, etc. So its a couple hour struggle til bed time. I've been putting him down a bit earlier, like 15-30 minutes early, but he's been sleeping in til I have to wake him up at nearly 7. Usually he's waking me up!

The meds are not getting any easier. If anything Oliver knows when they're coming. I've said this a lot, but it has been the hardest thing for me as a mother to have to physically restrain my child and force a HUGE tube of medicine down his throat. I have to go as far as stroke his throat so he actually swallows. I'm terrified of leaving marks on him bc he puts up a strong fight.

Though on a positive note, its easier in the morning due to him still being a bit sleepy so he swallows the stuff easier. Still cries and tries to get away, but its no where near as bad as before bed!

We're 4 and a half days in with just 5 and a half remaining. Almost half way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment