Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Apologies

I haven't posted in a while. A lot of my pics are on another computer so I haven't had access to posting them! Plus we've been moving so I haven't had much time for anything. Top that with a full time job and an opposite schedule with Daddy and sleep is so much more important than ANYTHING else!

Here's are some Oliver updates:

He's been doing the sign for 'more' constantly. They are teaching him 'more', 'please', and 'thank you' at day care. It comes in really handy when I ask him if he's still hungry. Smart boy.:]

He's beginning to like bath time again. During the anti biotics, he got a yeast infection all over his inner diaper region. It was so horrendous, I literally cringed thinking about changing him. There was lots of blood too. POOR baby. Bc of all of this it hurt to put any part of his bottom in the water. We give baths every night as part of his bedtime routine so it was rough going through the screaming every night. I don't blame him though. But everything is looking a lot better.

I'm attempting to nix the binky. He went from only needing it as an occasional comfort and for bedtime, to needing it in all day every day. I partially blame it on day care bc they let him have it all day and I partially blame myself for just letting him have it to avoid crying. We all know Oliver drools like crazy, coupled with the binky its led to terrible teething rash all over his mouth and neck. I finally said, forget it! The past couple days I've hidden all the binkys and not even gave him one to go to bed with. Best part is, he doesn't act any different. I think he pretty much forgot about his love for the binky. [Oh and I just put up with an unhappy baby and am learning to try to make him feel better instead of giving him a mute button!]

Lastly, we are now going with the straw sippys. Oliver loves drinking from straws so it seemed fitting to get him to stop depending solely on the bottle by getting him a fun alternative. During the pneumonia I just gave in to giving him the bottle at every meal, totally abandoning his sippys. He was in such a fragile state I just wanted him as comfortable as possible. Now that we're back to reality we have made big strides with his sippys, though at night time he still gets a bottle. Just bc I'm a weak momma and I know it helps Ollie be more comfy. :]

And since I have no new pics to post, here's an old one:

The end of March '09. Being gnomes.:]

No comments:

Post a Comment