Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

The diarrhea saga continues...

So I thought I'd update everyone on Oliver's health.
We took him to the doctor on Thursday because he was on day 7 of diarrhea.
Of course he is perfectly healthy except that he's pooping 6 times a day.
No one knows anything and it's starting to get frustrating.
We were told to get 3 stool samples to test for E. Coli, Salmonella, and some other bug. All we know is it isn't that bug [can't remember the name]. And we have to wait 2-3 more days for the other results.
Oliver had HORRIBLE diaper rash with what looked like fungus growing on Friday night so we took him to Urgent Care. Of course no one could tell us anything about the diarrhea so they gave us some powder meant for athlete's foot to put on his butt to curb the fungus.
They did get a urine sample though, unfortunately I got a call today stating that there was bacteria growing in the urine culture but they aren't sure if it was just contamination from the urine bag so they'd like to put a catheter in tomorrow.

Today is day 12 of diarrhea.

I don't know if I can handle this whole catheter thing bc I remember doing it and it sucked. I was numbed at aleast. I can't imagine how horrible it's gonna be for my Bubbas.
They're worried about a bladder infection, but for all they are going to put him through, he better have one so its not for nothing. I couldn't help but cry when they told me to schedule it for tomorrow.

I want them to tell us something. I'm sick of being treated like an idiot because I'm young and they make stupid assumptions. I'm not an idiot, I'm actually very smart. You know if we were rich and at least looked like we were more 'mature' they'd run every test they could the first time around. I'm tired of going in and out of the doctor's office!

Please pray for little Oliver. He deserves the best and I hope all this waiting hasn't caused him more pain then he needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment