Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Kiss

Yeah, Oliver is warming up to Scarlett! This was taken last week. Oliver's gone through quite the whirlwind of behaviors.



He was very standoffish the first few days. Then he started touching her and petting her. Then he went through a few days where he completely avoided and ignored me and only wanted Daddy. He would cry over everything and hit and scratch and scream. Even his daycare commented on how much he had changed after Scarlett was born. I cried every day partly because I felt bad that I was losing patience with him and partly because you could tell in his eyes how lost he was. He didn't deserve me yelling at him or getting angry with him. His whole world had been turned upside down and he was being forced to accept it. I can't imagine how weird that must be for a not even 2 year old. I have to remind myself everyday that he really is still a baby himself.

"He's not even 2..."
I whisper that phrase to myself now anytime he acts up. It grounds me and forces me to realize that I cannot expect him to be 10, he's not even 2!

I'm proud to say though, that he has been so good all week! No tantrums or excessive crying. Thank goodness. He even kissed her foot today. Small steps people, small steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment