Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Poisoning.

We had a scare.

I nanny for my old boss from Bath & Body Works.
Naturally she would own home fragrance products from there. [You can't not spend money when you work there]
Anyway, she had an oil warmer on the window sill with some oil in it, not lit thank goodness. This was previously unreachable for Oliver, but apparently being almost 30 inches tall, he decided to try to reach for it.
Taking care of 2 kids is a lot harder than 1 bc you only have one set of eyes.
Before I know it, I'm putting little Gemma down bc I hear screaming. I run over and have no idea why he's crying until I notice brownish orange stains on him...then I smell it. THEN I see oil on his hand, all over his face/head/back and most importantly around his mouth!
SCARY!
I called George at work crying, he sped about 100-110 mph from Fife to downtown Seattle, rushed up the the apartment and took Oliver to Urgent Care on Capitol Hill [I only had Oliver's car seat, poor Gemma woulda had to ride in my lap, not exactly something I'm willing to do!]. P.S. he made it that distance in less than a half hour. If you're from this area, you know that that is insane!

The good news is, he's fine. The doc said he may have had a taste but not enough to harm him.

Nonetheless still very scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment