Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Some updates.

It's been a whirlwind of a month. I've been enjoying my last break before starting my last quarter of college! Hence not a whole lot of updating. But Oliver sure has been doing a lot!

Oliver can hold his own bottle and he even recently learned to tip it up to get more milk. AND when it accidently slips out of his mouth, he's learned to put it back in. There was a tiny struggle with that at the beginning!

We still don't offer him his sippy too often but when we do, he's a champ at handling it.

Oliver is quite the balancer! He likes to let go when he's standing up and he's been known to stand for a long time before falling down.

He understands "No" very well. He's beginning to learn his boundries. The house really isn't baby proofed, but I'm not a huge believer in too much proofing bc let's face it..I can't protect him from everything [we've got a safety gate at the stairs and we move things off the table so he can't reach and pull them off]. It helps when he knows mommy and daddy mean it. He'll just look up and see our stern faces and back off. Hahaha. It's so tough to keep a straight face esp when he looks so precious doing bad things! But the positive thing is that he doesn't even look up sometimes, he just backs off. Its only bc he's already heard no enough. For example he knows not to touch the Game Cube or climb on the entertainment center. :] Like a puppy I tell ya.

He's an accomplished climber. He can climb all the way to the top of the stairs and everything else that's climbable. The couch is far too high but he's tried to climb his music table!

He's a pro at finger foods. He can pick them up and put them in his mouth all by himself. He's even been working on bigger foods that require him to take a bite first, chew, swallow, and repeat. I'm really proud of him bc I was the one so frightened of him choking!

We tried blueberries, strawberries and chicken from a burrito too. No choking. Yay for mommy's nerves!

He's learned that things hide under other things. I don't know how long he's been experimenting, buy I observed him lifting up the edge of the carpet and hiding a flat alphabet connector thingy underneath. The he comes back to it and tries to coordinate lifting up the carpet with one hand and grabbing the toy with the other. He's getting better!

I think that's all. At least all I can think of. He's really turing into a great kid and I can't believe he's so close to 1! I really love him more every single day! No one puts a bigger smile on my face than Oliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment